A wide variety in terms of size, sector and situation they are facing. From professional dog walkers who’ve lost dogs to false claims about product faults to serious accidents in the workplace, and pretty much everything in between.
As well as having amassed years of experience dealing with hundreds of different situations, all members of our team have CIPR accredited qualifications in crisis communications and attend regular refresher courses to ensure we are up-to-date with the latest developments. The CIPR is our trade body and is your assurance of our professionalism.
You will be assigned a dedicated account manager from our team of experts who will be your point of contact throughout the crisis.
Take their call. Find out who they are, why they are calling and what they want from you. Explain that you are happy to co-operate but need some time. Take their contact details, ask about their deadline and call us immediately on 0161 927 3127. Don’t ever say ‘No comment’.
There are tried and tested ways to react to online criticism. We are on-hand to deal with the situation on your behalf and minimise the damage to your reputation.
As above, there are proven ways to handle this. We start by establishing if the complaints are genuine or the work of malicious competitors. Then we advise accordingly.
As soon as you think a situation is – or has the potential – to attract adverse publicity. Typically:
You can but in our experience, facing criticism (especially when unfair) is like a punch in the stomach and there’s a tendency to react quickly and emotionally, without thinking about the possible consequences of such a reaction. Having a third party acting, dispassionately, for you minimises the potential negative fallout.
Every situation is different. We can act as your spokesperson or we can support you through the process by speaking to the journalist first to establish what they want and then guide you about how to speak with them yourself. It really does depend on the situation.
When skilfully handled, a crisis can often be turned into a positive situation. There are tactics for achieving this and we are able to offer post-crisis support and reputation building as a separate service.
That’s fine but if your business tends to attract regular criticism, then you might want to consider taking a subscription to Reputation Matters. It will save you money and provide lots of additional benefits.
1. We do NOT charge for taking your initial enquiry and discussing your issue.
2. Following this initial conversation, we will estimate how many hours it will take us to handle your situation and our fees.
3. We charge £250 for the first hour and £200 per hour thereafter for crisis management.
4. Payment for the first hour (£250) is required in advance. Once this has been received, we will then go into action immediately on your behalf.
5. An invoice for the remaining hours will be sent to you upon completion of the project and will be payable within 14 days.
6. If your situation requires work beyond the scope of crisis management, we will discuss and agree these fees with you separately.
Please note: Although we will do everything in our power to help minimise reputational damage to you and your company, we cannot guarantee our results.